Tuesday, September 24, 2013

C. LeRoy Meisinger: Oh the Places He Went! Part II

C. LeRoy Meisinger
In the last post, I asked if anyone could tell me what was Leroy's profession...hoping the image of a hot air balloon would stir up some interesting answers.

LeRoy's life was more fascinating than anything found in fiction. He worked as a Meteorologist for the U.S. Weather Bureau. In 1924, he conducted several experiments in a manned free balloon...which, I believe, made him the world's first Storm Chaser.

4 comments:

  1. Hello there! This post couldn't be written any better!
    Going through this post reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He always kept preaching about this. I most certainly will forward this
    post to him. Fairly certain he'll have a very good read. Many thanks for sharing!


    Have a look at my web-site ... deer antler velvet igf 1 reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genealogy Girl. How is Meisinger in your family tree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is my grandfather’s second cousin. My grandfather’s mother was LeRoy’s first cousin. My grandfather’s middle name is Leroy (named after LeRoy), and he went by the name Roy. My mother’s middle name is leRoi...and my middle name is Lee. So LeRoy’s name has been carried out through our family. Thanks for your comment. I have not used this blog in a long time. I have another website just about LeRoy. It isn’t active now...because of finances but your interest has sparked me to publish it again. Are you related to LeRoy? If you would like, please email me at mygenealogygirl@gmail.com.

      Delete
    2. I renewed my cite. It is chasingleroy.com

      Delete